Sunday, March 13, 2011

I think it's safe to say...

That we have FINALLY entered a new chapter in the sleep saga that is Novak. (as I breathe a deep sigh of relief...)

For the last three nights, Novak has slept, from when we put him down (around 7), until approximately 2 am, then after nursing, back to sleep until 6-7. And, blessedly, he is happy when he wakes up.

This is truly amazing stuff.

He is 5.5 months old, and for the last two months (since Christmas), he was up about every 2-3 hours every night. And, I've been having a really hard time getting him to nap. So hard, in fact, that I was (and still am, a bit) convinced that he wasn't napping because his room isn't dark enough. Yesterday he didn't nap AT ALL. Literally. A few 20 min cat naps in my arms, but the moment he was put down in his room, wide awake.

But right now, he's asleep in his room, and has been for the last 2 hours. Can you see me dancing?

And the best part?  He's been happy!  Very happy!  All day! He plays, he talks, he rolls around the floor, and he now can play in his Exersaucer (that Nile and I brought up from the basement and cleaned off for him on Friday).


I have been reluctant to post this because I was sure that the moment I did, he'd revert back. So I have held off for three days. (Last time I posted, it didn't last more than that one night).  So I waited for a few days to see if it was really true.

Hold on while I knock on wood...

I think we might have broken the night waking habit!

Well, my sweet baby just woke up.  Going to go get him now! :)

No comments: